Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 1

Well so far so good. I think I have lost a couple pounds. It's most certainley water, since it has been over 100 degrees in Corona all week, but hey, its weight. I haven't weighed myself, but I FEEL smaller. Hmph. Anyway, I was not perfect with the food this week, I had pizza in moderation (1 slice with 2 platefuls of salad) and chocolate (3 Musketeers has 1/3 less fat than other candy bars, yeah right) but overall not the worst week of eating I have had.

I have gotten on a schedule of working out with friends on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and it seems to be a really good thing. They come to my house which means I have to actually workout. The off days were hard to drag myself off the couch but I did it and worked out every day this week.

I was looking at some pictures this past weekend and it was very eye opening. I have been fat for a very long time, like 1/3 of my life. It makes me a little sad that I have done this and I hope that whatever damage I have done to my body by being overweight can be reversed, even partially.

So I had a garage sale this past Saturday and one of the things I was trying to sell, that I didn't sell, is a black cocktail dress size 14. I bought it years ago and it was a little small when I got it, and I always intended to "lose some weight". The dress is very pretty and I am thinking, maybe if I can fit into it by Christmas my husband can take me to his department Christmas party.  I think that will be my first goal.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment