Monday, August 30, 2010

39 Minutes

So my group of workout buddies came over today and worked out. It was long and grueling, but we all made it through, me in 39 minutes. It started with a 1 K row followed by 40 each of pushups, box jumps, situps, back extensions, jump rope, jumping jacks, sumo dead lift high pulls (check Crossfit websight to see what this is), shoulder presses, air squats, wall balls (refer to crossfit) and burpees.

Ahhh, burpees. This excercise is just plain hard. I really dont like doing them, but since I come up with the workouts I cant complain too much. But they really are a true test of how fit you are. Me... not so fit.

This workout schedule has been really good for me. It keeps me on track and really forces me to challenge myself. I sweat for 39 minutes today, and it's not even hot out. This might be the most effective day of workiong out so far. I feel like I worked my whole body, head to toe.  I can't do too many of these long workouts or my group will stop coming over.

The group dynamic is really good. everyone knows each other from various places and we all get along. I am hoping that more people start coming over to participate. It's really nice to have support and to have various levels of fit people together. It brings a nice balance of competition and friendship to the workout.

As far as the Shrinking, can't tell. I'm not really feeling it this week. I still haven't weighed myself, too scared.  My clothes haven't gotten any bigger yet (but they are not any smaller either, haha), but I feel good. Even when I am sore everyday from working out. I think the feeling good part is pretty important. I have to get going on the shrinking though because I will never get into that size 14 dress by Christmas if I don't. 
Hmmm, I think I will have to step back and really make some adjustments somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment